Tigerwood is one of the most visually interesting hardwoods on the U.S. & Canadian markets. It’s named for its striking longitudinal bands which resemble tiger stripes. As the wood ages the coloration darkens slightly and the stripes become nearly black. Tigerwood is prized as much for its durability as its beauty.
Tigerwood is the kind of the exotic hardwood flooring family! Tigerwood hardwood flooring is one of the hardest floors with a Janka solidity up to 2160, that is 67% harder than Red Oak at 1210.
Enjoy the Unique Beauty of Exotic Hardwood with Unparalleled Durability
Brazilian hardwoods are known for their superior hardness with some varieties more than twice the density rating of the strongest domestic counterparts, as indicated above. Due to its durability, exotic Brazilian hardwood is ideally suited for the most heavily trafficked areas of your home, including kitchens, entrance ways and hallways.
Whether you wish your exotic Brazilian hardwood flooring to be the focal point of your rooms or to enhance the visual appeal, your Hardwood Flooring Store experts will help you select the perfect species. Enjoy the following benefits when you work with your premium Toronto supplier of exotic hardwood:
- Customized colours, stains and sheen levels
- Our care in selecting only the finest Canadian or US finished quality exotic Brazilian hardwood
- Unsurpassed durability in hardwood flooring
- Maximum value for your investment
- Guaranteed expert installation
Stop in to the the Hardwood Flooring Store showroom to experience over 1,000 samples in our selection of hardwoods.
The Family of Exotic Hardwood Flooring
1. Brazilian Cherry: Old Favorite Otherwise known as jatoba, this fiery red hardwood hails not just from Brazil, but from Peru and Mexico. Even though jatoba is not as popular as it once was, the good news for you is that the once sky-high prices have subsided to more reasonable levels.
Why You’ll Love It: At 2350 on the Janka scale, jatoba is extremely hard.
2. Tigerwood: Showy and Dramatic The perfectly-named tigerwood announces itself with its wildly contrasting wide grains. Tigers, zebras, any animal with stripes come to mind with this truly exotic-looking flooring.
Why You’ll Love It: Tigerwood is all about the drama that this flooring brings to a room.
3. Walnut: The Black Walnut is known for its deep, rich colour, and is most striking left untouched showing off its natural beauty. Black Walnut has burly grain patterns which give this wood an exotic appearance and is usually finished in its natural rich, brown color.
Why You’ll Love It: A durable wood that is reasonable priced for exotics.
4. Sapele Mahogany: When a Straight Grain Is Too Boring For You Rated a mid-range 1,410 on the Janka scale, sapele is a tight, wavy-grained hardwood from tropical Africa.
Why You’ll Love It: You want flooring with a lush, wavy pattern that looks rich and very up-scale.
5. Australian Cypress: Rustic With a Touch of Class Australian Cypress is a very rustic-looking wood with whorls and pronounced grain.
Why You’ll Love It: You want to give your home a cottage or cabin feeling.
Of course, with so many options and points to consider you may want some assistance and sound advice to aide you with your decision making. When it comes to advice make sure you speak to experts that know what they are talking about and will offer you the best opinions based on experience. Contact us at the Hardwood Flooring Store and we can help you get the floors of your dreams. We have incredible discounts available at our liquidation store, so floors that were once $7.49 now discounted to $3.79. We also showcase only the best high-end floors on our premium website that are available at our main hardwood flooring store showroom in Markham Ontario just north of Toronto.