At the time of writing this blog, a lot of people have a little extra time on their hands. If you can get your hands on a good quality hardwood flooring product, now might be a great time to install that hardwood floor that you have been thinking of.
You want your home to have that elegant look that a hardwood floor brings to it. It is just as important to install the floor properly so you don’t ruin the beautiful hardwood that you bought. In this blog, we will show you how to approach the first phase in the installation of the hardwood floor, which is the preparation process. Once you do it right, you can get the best benefits and value from your hardwood floor.
First prepare the floor itself, you will need to ensure that the floor is free of any debris, dry, leveled and structurally sound. We recommend removing the existing hardwood floor and installing the concrete base or a new plywood sub base.
When preparing the room for the layout of the floorboards, you need to remove doors, skirting’s, floor trims or mouldings, so that you can properly lay down the boards right up the room’s edges, while still leaving a gap for expansion. Also, ensure that you allow the wood to adjust within the temperature and humidity of the area you want to install it. You’ll need to get a good quality underlay across the entire area if you will be floating your hardwood floor.
Here is a checklist of things to do
- Estimate and order the materials you need.
- Prepare the subfloor and fasten asphalt-laminated kraft paper flooring underlayment to it.
- Deliver the materials to the site and allow them to acclimate to the room’s humidity.
- Layout and mark the placement of flooring.
- Attach the first flooring row to the subfloor.
- Cut and fasten successive flooring strips.
- Rip the final row of flooring and fasten it in place.
- Take a picture and post it on social media to show the world how awesome you are!
The Hardwood Flooring Store, located in Markham and Burlington is a great place to get the right advice and the best product your money can buy.
If you are looking to replace your floors in GTA then give us a call. We have a process that allows safe social distancing while choosing the floor you need for your home. Contact us today to find out how we can help.
Please come and visit our showroom today!